University and Specialized Accreditations
Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey is a member of the Association of American Universities, a prestigious body of 62 public and private research institutions.
Rutgers is accredited by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education (MSCHE), a voluntary, nongovernmental, peer-based membership association dedicated to promoting standards of excellence and improvement in higher education.
The comprehensive, decennial reviews include the preparation of a universitywide self-study and a site visit conducted by a team of external peer educators who report to the MSCHE. Five years after each decennial review, there is an interim evaluation. For this assessment, Rutgers creates a Periodic Review Report (PRR) which is a study of the university in light of any recommendations made during the previous comprehensive evaluation.
- Middle States Reaccreditation 2018
- MSCHE - Rutgers Statement of Accreditation Status [PDF]
- 2013 Periodic Review Report [PDF]
- 2013 Documentation for Compliance with Accreditation - Relevant Federal Regulations [PDF]
- 2008 Decennial Review
- 2003 Periodic Review Report [PDF]
- 2003 Middle States Periodic Review Response
- 1998 Decennial Review