Other Resources at Rutgers
Office of Postdoctoral Advancemet
Explore These Resources
In addition to the office's activities and workshops, you should know about the career development programs and resources available throughout other Rutgers units.
- BrowZine: for scholarly journals
- Career Management Tools (UHR): designed to equip employees with the information, resources, and tools they need to successfully manage their careers. These tools will help you to understand your career planning process, prepare a professional résumé and cover letter, and successfully manage the interview process.
- The Center for Teaching Advancement & Assessment Research (CTAAR): supports postdocs by offering skill-building workshops, such as Teaching Portfolio, which helps postdocs interested in the classroom.
- Core Facility Database: 40+ core facilities, offering specialized laboratories with state-of-the-art equipment, unique instrumentation, and shared services, can help scientists at Rutgers and beyond break new ground.
- Effective Research Mentoring of Undergraduates Workshop (STEM/Biomed)
This virtual workshop use techniques and case studies to teach PhD students and Postdoctoral Fellows tools and skills to better mentor undergraduate students in a laboratory setting.
- EndNote X9: a citation management tool.
- iJOBS: helps Ph.D.'s discover nonacademic areas of opportunity and provide the required training so that they are better prepared to work in the professional environment. This training is accomplished through a mix of formal academic instruction, workshops, interaction with successful professionals in the chosen fields, and professional mentoring.
- INSPIRE: prepares diverse university-trained Ph.D. scholars for successful careers as scientist-educators while increasing the participation of diverse student populations in biomedical science research fields.
- LinkedIn Learning: various tools and training on a wide array of topics available for free to those affiliated with Rutgers University.
- Office of Instructional Design: a sub-unit of Teaching and Learning with Technology (TLT) that supports the Rutgers community in designing and implementing quality face-to-face, fully online, and hybrid courses.
- Online Teaching Certification
- P3 Collaboratory: The P3 Collaboratory for Pedagogy, Professional Development, and Publicly-Engaged Scholarship focuses on institutional interventions that support holistic faculty development over the lifecycle of an academic career. Their professional development opportunities are open to advanced PhDs, postdocs, and faculty. Some of the topics discussed include increasing writing productivity, securing external funding, and work-life balance.
- Research Portal: a one-stop-shop for all of your research-related needs
- Research with Rutgers
- Responsible Conduct Research (RCR): the practice of scientific investigation with integrity. It involves the awareness and application of established professional norms and ethical principles in the performance of all activities related to scientific research. The Graduate School of Biomedical Sciences offers an annual Ethical Scientific Conduct course for the purpose of RCR training that is compliant with NIH requirements. For more information about additional RCR resources, click here.