Continuous Improvement in Academic Affairs
Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey is committed to continuous improvement in academic affairs to link periodic assessment to the broader strategic goals of the academic unit, campus, and/or university and to evaluate the budgetary resources necessary to achieve such goals.
The university engages in multiple assessment efforts to promote continuous improvement.
- Periodic review of the institution and select academic units through institutional accreditation and specialized accreditation
- Ad-hoc reviews, such as those coordinated by the Office of University Strategy (OUS) and the Committee on Academic Planning
- Leadership reviews, including the Process for the Evaluation of Chancellors and the Process for the Evaluation of Academic Deans
- Reviews of centers and institutes (Policy 10.1.5)
- Regularized assessment of student learning outcomes (SLOs) and student support services through the Assessment Council on Learning Outcomes (ACLO) and the Assessment Council on the Student Experience (ACSE).