Call for Nominations: 2022–2023 Universitywide Year-End Excellence Awards
January 18, 2023
Chancellors, Provosts, Deans, Directors, and Chairpersons:
I am pleased to initiate the nominating process for the annual universitywide year-end excellence awards. Please share this with all your faculty members, staff members, and student leaders, who should be made aware of the appropriate awards programs and encouraged to submit nominations in the relevant categories.
The awards ceremony will honor outstanding members of the Rutgers community selected by their colleagues for exceptional contributions to teaching, research, or public service through seven awards.
For each award, the recipient receives a commemorative certificate and an honorarium.
- The Warren I. Susman Award for Excellence in Teaching, up to 5 awards maximum, $1,000 honorarium (tenured faculty only)
- The Board of Trustees Award for Excellence in Research, up to 5 awards maximum, $1,000 honorarium (tenured faculty only)
- The Scholar-Teacher Award, up to 5 awards maximum, $1,000 honorarium (tenured faculty only)
- The Presidential Award for Excellence in Teaching, 1 or more awards, $1,000 honorarium (non-tenure track, full-time faculty only)
- The Presidential Award for Excellence in Teaching by a Part-Time Lecturer, 1 or more awards, $1,000 honorarium (part-time lecturers only)
- The Rutgers College Class of 1962 Presidential Public Service Award, up to 2 awards maximum, $2,500 honorarium (faculty, staff, students)
- The Ernest E. McMahon Class of 1930 Award, 1 award, $1,000 honorarium (faculty, staff, students)
Please Note: The nomination process has been streamlined; if you wish to re-nominate a previously nominated candidate, you may update the cover letter and submit materials from the previous year’s packet.
Please visit our website to access the nomination forms and instructions for each of the award categories and a list of last year’s recipients. Please initiate the nomination process in your academic units and upload nominations (in a single pdf file) no later than March 6, 2023, to this folder.
Questions may be directed to Dr. Angela Mullis (email@example.com), who will be coordinating the process in my office. For additional award opportunities, visit our internal and external Call for Awards pages.
Prabhas V. Moghe, Ph.D.
Executive Vice President for Academic Affairs