OASIS Leadership and Professional Development
- Do you want to become a more effective leader, negotiator and personal advocate?
- Do you need a fresh strategy to get your writing and research done?
- Do you want to increase your connections to the academic community?
The Objective Analysis of Self and Institution Seminar (OASIS) is a semester-long program with approximately 20 female faculty participating in workshops, networking, peer mentoring, and individual coaching. The program is designed to accelerate career development and advancement by providing opportunities to develop strategies and skills that increase scholarly productivity, to build stronger networks, and to increase satisfaction with work-life balance.
OASIS was started in 2008 by Rutgers SciWomen office. In 2016, the program was expanded to include female faculty from all disciplines. The program is helpful at different career stages, including new faculty navigating start-up, mid-career faculty contemplating the next stage, and senior faculty considering leadership positions.
- 5 Workshops - sample titles:
- Leading and Collaborating Skillfully
- Writing, Procrastination, and Resistance
- Navigating Competing Priorities
- Negotiating Skills for Work and Life
- Get Recognized for Your Work: Strategies to Build Your Influence in Academia and Beyond
- 5 peer learning meetings
3 individual coaching sessions
- Spring 2017 - New Brunswick
- Spring 2018 - Newark (TBA)