Diversity & Inclusion Research Symposium
Friday March 31, 2017
Scholarship, Research, and Best Practices in Diversity & Inclusion:
Current Findings and Emerging Issues
Rutgers is home to many centers, initiatives, and departments dedicated to diversity and inclusion-related research. The Office of the Senior Vice President for Academic Affairs initiated the Diversity and Inclusion Research Symposium to support cross-disciplinary research collaborations and highlight the broad spectrum of diversity and inclusion related scholarship at Rutgers. Last year’s research symposium had over 150 attendees, including faculty presenters, representing schools, and departments/institutes from across the university. For more information on last year’s symposium themes, presenters, and research, please see the Rutgers Diversity and Inclusion Research Directory and the D&I Research Symposium Archive.
This year's symposium will convene Rutgers scholars to share research, scholarship, and innovative research-based strategies that advance diversity and inclusion. Please see the event flyer here, the symposium agenda here, and complete symposium program booklet here.
Unfortunately, we have reached maximum capacity and registration is now closed.
Watch live on the internet via Livestream using this link.
Date: Friday, March 31, 2017
Time: 8:30 am – 4:00 pm
Place: New Brunswick Theological Seminary
35 Seminary Place, New Brunswick, NJ 08901
Parking: Lot 30 on the College Avenue
Research Panels include:
- Transnationalism: Migration and Modes of Social Transformation
- Inclusivity in the Workplace, Thought Diversity, and Research-Based Practices
- Broadening Participation: The STEM Continuum
- The Role of Research in Advancing Diverse & Inclusive Learning Environments
- Diversity and the Human Experience: The Critical Role of the Arts & Humanities
- Scarlet and Black: An Exploration of the African-American and Native American Experience in Rutgers History